Peep This Prince Fans!!!

2day iz Super Bowl Sunday (Colts beat the Bears 29-17)...yeah...I know, I don't give a fuck either, but this years halftime show wuz none other than PRINCE!!! I went looking 4 a picture of him during the performance, and found this little bit of video instead! This wuz taken during one of the press conferences prior 2 the Super Bowl. It wuz dated February 1, 2007.

Now I ask U...can this motherfucker give a press conference, or what? The show during the game wuz fucking cool 2...I missed the very begining of the set, but when I walked in he wuz singing Let's Go Crazy, from there he went N2 a few bars of Baby, I'm a Star, Then he segued N2 a really awesome cover of Proud Mary...then he played at least the chorus of All Along the Watchtower...then he played some song I didn't recognize, but my sister said something about a Foo Fighters song...then...I believe...he went N2 Purple Rain, and he played damned near the whole fucking song!

Ok...those of U who know me know I am a fucking Prince fan, and I have been a Prince fan since the Eleventh fucking Grade. This fucking guy has been making great fucking music 4 the last thirty years. U can grab any fucking album of his U want (minus the shit Sony put out without his approval) and I can guarantee U two things about it. First - It doesn't sound like any other Prince Album. Second - There will be sounds on their that U will also hear throughout pop music beginning right around six months after whichever album U are talking about came out. He iz by far the most underrated superstar entertainer out there 2day!

So...whenever I try 2 tell someone that Prince fucking ROCKS I get the same shit. If its a white dude he says, "Yeah...that one he did wuz ok...Purple Rain, but he sucks since then." or...if it iz a black dude, "Yeah he wuz cool way back in the day, but ever since Purple Rain, he sucks."

Now I guess I understand why. Becuz everytime he gets an opportunity 2 showcase himself on a Nationwide (or in the case of 2day...worldwide) he goes back 2 the old standards. Nevermind the fact that this shit is twentyfive years old. No shit...Purple Rain came out in 1984...twenty-three fucking years ago! Believe me, the motherfucker has done a lot of GREAT music since then. Some of it as recently as lat year. Black Sweat iz a tight motherfucker!

I have had the pleasure of actually seeing this motherfucker in concert twice. AWESOME fucking show! Out of this fucking world...no shit. But, I honestly don't think he played more than a couple bars of Purple Rain either time, and I don't think he ever did Baby...I'm a Star.

I can tell U this much 4 sure. He did maybe a ten to twelve minute set 2day. I fucking guarantee U that somewhere in Miami 2night after the game that motherfucker had an afterparty that wuz completely off the chain! I know this shit, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment